3kW Wind Turbine
The KW3 is a 3kW wind turbine which stands out from all other small scale wind turbines due to its unique blade and hinge design which allows it to regulate its rotational speed, maximising output - as the wind gets stronger the blades pitch and cone, protecting the turbine and allowing continual operation during the fiercest of storms.
Kingspan Wind’s 3kW wind turbine (KW3) is the result of over 30 years research and development and born from a global installed fleet size in excess of 800 – including the world's largest rural off-grid fleet in The Falkland Islands through to specialist installations in Asia, Europe, North America, offshore oil platforms and the global telecoms sector.
3kW Wind Turbine Product Specifications
- 3kW Wind Turbine
- Peak Power
- Reference Annual Energy
- 4,700kWh at 5m/s
- Telecoms, Rural Domestic, Off-Shore Oil Platforms
- Grid Tied, Battery Charging, 24V DC, 48V DC – 300V DC
- Downwind, 3 bladed, Self Regulating
- 3.8m diameter, 300RPM at Rated Power. Thrust 5 kN
- Blade material
- Glass Thermoplastic Composite / Polypropylene
- Generator type
- Brushless Direct Drive Permanent Magnet.
- Tower Heights
- 6.5m/11m (Flange Bolted/Taper Fit Monopole - Hydraulic options available)
- Foundation Options
- Pad/Root/Rock Anchor options
- Cut in speed
- Cut out speed
- None - Continuous operation
- Survival Wind Speed
- Designed to Class 1 (70m/s)
- 5 year standard.